Would you please publish my open letter to the President Prof A.P. Mutharika of the Republic of Malawi.
Thank you Bwana President for the measures you have introduced in the face of COVID 19. However, would you also move to address the following proposals?
1. PAYE threshold (be raised to MK100,000)
2. Electricity Bill’s – be reduced by 30%
3. Water bills – be reduced by 30%
4. Rentals of MHC houses – be reduced by 30%
5. Tax holiday (especially PAYE) for 3 months
6. Final years in each education cohort (Std 8, Form 4 and finals years in college), let them go back to school and regulate the sizes of the classes since the rest of the classes would not be around. Let us not suffer in all areas.